As we approach the year’s end, it’s a fitting time to pause and reflect on the previous twelve months before we take some well-deserved time off over Christmas.
In September, Fusion Business Management celebrated its second anniversary. This does not quite feel real, but also feels like I’ve been steering this business and collaborating with our incredible clients for even longer. From the outset, I held onto the statistic that 20% of UK businesses don’t make it past their first year. Crossing that milestone filled me with pride, but I now continue to pinch myself with what we’ve achieved since.
Throughout the year, our business has experienced numerous highlights, including:
- Securing the title of the best financial services support provider in the East of England at the SME Finance Awards.
- Being invited by Nucleus to contribute to a blog (https://illuminate.nucleusfinancial.com/blog/outsource-practice-manager?).
- Receiving nominations for the Professional Adviser Women in Financial Advice Awards in the categories of adviser support services and rising star – non-advice.
- Earning a place as a finalist in the Professional Adviser Women in Financial Advice Awards in the adviser support services category.
- Celebrating Paul’s one-year milestone in the industry and joining Fusion Business Management.
- Fine-tuning our service proposition and strategically considering where we can add the most value, resulting in updates to our website and service brochure.
- Strengthening professional relationships with other outsourced providers in the financial planning industry.
- Concluding the year collaborating with many exceptional, forward-thinking firms with whom we’ve built incredible working relationships.
On a personal note, 2023 was an extremely special year as we finally had our dream wedding which we had been planning since the middle of lockdown. We jetted out to Cyprus, had the most amazing two-week holiday and got married in front of our nearest and dearest. Apart from becoming Lucy Myall, I’ve continued to witness the incredible growth of our now three-year-old, evolving into a remarkable little boy who makes me proud every day. For those who speak with us regularly, you’d know that Hunter has developed a keen interest in golf this year, often heading to the driving range or pitch & putt whenever the opportunity arises – undoubtedly a future enthusiast of financial planning!
A heartfelt thank you to everyone who has provided us with endless support, love, and encouragement throughout the year. I feel an immense sense of gratitude for the experiences listed above, and I eagerly anticipate what the future holds.
Wishing you a joyous New Year, filled with positive outcomes for 2024 and beyond. x