As much as I’m a person of planning, organising and looking forward, I still believe it’s important to take a step back and reflect.
Since having my son in 2020, 2022 was the most ‘normal’ I’ve felt since he arrived. We’ve been going into shops without wearing a face mask and he’s seen real faces in person instead of video chat! 2022 has also been the craziest journey for my career, as Fusion Business Management passed the twelve month mark alongside some incredible achievements along the way.
- We became a limited company (from Lucy being self-employed)
- Shortlisted for the Essex Business Awards 2022 – Entrepreneur of the year
- Bought my partner into the business, allowing him to stop working 12-hour day/night shift work so he can spend more time with our son and also step his foot into the door of financial services (& help grow the business along the way)
- Completed ad-hoc project work with several firms, making their processes more efficient and streamlined
- I was invited onto the Financial Planners Life podcast
- Built a stronger working relationship with Brett Davidson from FP Advance, working alongside a few mutual firms to achieve amazing outcomes for their businesses
- Continued to build stronger relationships with professional connections – referring work which is not in my skill set to some incredible businesses
- Received some encouraging and lovely testimonials / Google Reviews
- Finished the year working across seven forward-thinking financial planning firms
- Won an award – to be announced early 2023
As a whole, I am truly proud of how the year has gone. I’m still trying to perfect a work/life balance, having a two year old toddler whilst running a business is not the easiest. However, the twelve months have overall been extremely positive.
Next year I predict to be even bigger & better. Although one small thing to add onto the to-do list, planning our wedding in Cyprus for July 2023!
Thank you so much to everyone who has given me endless support, love and encouragement along the way. I feel extremely grateful to have had the year listed above and I can’t wait to see what the future brings.
Wishing you a very Happy New Year, bringing positive outcomes to your 2023 and beyond x